Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'll Save Your Seat

I first discovered Eliza Doolittle from a friend. "Rollerblades" is the first song of hers I'd ever heard.


As soon as I could, I bought the CD and my obsession was born. At this point, I've listened to the CD so much that I could probably write my college thesis on various interpretations of her work.
Part of Doolittle's image is the interesting way she dresses. Clad in high-waisted shorts and long, draped necklaces, she is the epitome of why Americans envy the British. I feel like she is arguably the coolest person ever.


Her raging British accent graces her music and makes it impossible for me to sing along without sounding relatively stupid. I still do.


She also has a website, which is just about as intense and hip as she is. The home page has a few color options so the viewer can pick their favorite for the background.


My favorite music video of hers is "Pack Up". I've never quite understood it, but that might be one of the draws.


No comments:

Post a Comment