Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Love to Ruin Movies

Yes, that's right. I love to ruin movies. They remain to be one of the best things I've ever discovered on this planet; aside from Scottish accents, new sharpies, and french fries. A movie is a captivating story incorporated with music and handsome actors.
I have many  favorite movies.
In case you still have to get a gift for that special someone, these movies are great choices.
I'll try not to ruin them for you.


This one is called Ruby Sparks. It's about an author who writes about his dream girl and she comes to life.


It starts with him writing about her so he can be close to her - and then she appears in his house. It's a really cute movie about unrealistic things happening and has a very realistic ending. I loved it.


This next one is called Burn After Reading. It's one of the most hilarious movies I've seen a long time. Worth the struggle to attain - as getting movies these days is like trekking through the rain forest in search of a specific plant. You're going to have to settle for what you don't want; unfortunately. But take your time and find this gem.


I'd love to say that Brad Pitt singlehandedly makes this movie, but in actuality, he simply adds to it. He plays an enthusiastic personal trainer - very different from the other roles he plays. And it suits him.


This amazing cinematic experience is called Almost Famous. During my initial viewing, I fell in love with it's incredible attention to detail and felt like a huge hipster. This Christmas I've purchased it for my German exchange student, Franzi, because I want to share some American culture with her. If this qualifies as American culture since it's set in the '70s. Whatever.



This one gets three pictures because I couldn't choose which ones I liked the best. You don't mind, do you?


This one is called Me and You and Everyone We Know. I first had some hindrances since it isn't the most well known and was sort of random, but there were parts where I was laughing uncontrollably and parts where I was leaning very far forward in my chair.


This is a shot from the movie of the woman who directed it. She also starred as a main character - a concept I have never really understood - like the producer also being a main character. But she works it.


This one's called American Beauty. It's about a father's mid-life crisis involving exacting revenge on his wife for her affair and falling in love with his daughter's best friend - ending in his inevitable death. See, I just ruined it for you.


And Kevin Spacey's in it, so yay.


No matter your opinion of Tom, you have to love Risky Business.


It is just so much more than that one scene of him dancing in his underwear to Old Time Rock N Roll - it has all the ups and downs and a happy ending like any movie does. It also has an amazing soundtrack and score - it made me fall in love with Tangerine Dream and Phil Collins.

Now that's just the tip of the iceberg - there are so many more movies I'm obsessed with. Maybe I'll do a part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment